Social icons

5 Places On My Travel Bucket List

09 April 2015

The travel bug is real. With every travel deal email (thanks, internet), those bold, red numbers seem to get more and more enticing. Planning a honeymoon to Barcelona is helping subdue the urges, but it's still six months away. In the meantime, other locations have been bubbling to the surface and vying for my attention; so like any good list-maker, I wrote them down.

The Hawaiian Islands



Hawaii

Not only would it be one more state tackled, but I think a Hawaiian vacation would be the ultimate U.S. getaway. I could be wrong, but I've also seen quite a few Hawaiian trips blogged recently and I'm so intrigued. I used to think Hawaii wasn't worth traveling across the globe for. In my inexperienced eyes, I could just drive 10 hours down to Florida for the same thing. No, no. Now I'd happily hop on the next flight to explore this glorious piece of the country. It also still amazes me that Hawaii is so close to Australia on the other side of the earth.

St. John

Similar to Hawaii, I've only heard phenomenal things about this US Virgin Island, and I won't say no to a tropical getaway. I'm imagining myself parked by the bay, snorkeling, sailing or hiking around the lush island and its national park. This would be my place to unplug, although I'm not sure you could ever fully take my camera from me.

California

Anywhere. Anywhere in California. I know it's a large state, but I'm dying to visit any part of it. I'd probably start with San Francisco since I have a couple of friends there, but I wouldn't turn any of it down. I want to explore the beaches, climb the San Fran hills, see the Full House Tanner family home and go shopping, of course.

Australia

While I'm over in Hawaii, I may as well just hop on over to Sydney or Melbourne, right? In Australia, I want to see the true Outback, the Sydney Opera House and taste an espresso from what is apparently the coffee mecca of the world. I'm also determined to try Vegemite. If I'm feeling really brave, I may even attempt to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Seeing as I'm not ok with free-standing at great heights, this may take some convincing.

Canada

Canada seems very elusive to me - in the best way, of course. I don't often hear of Canadian vacations or big news, though I do know that some of my favorite HGTV shows are filmed there. I'd love to spend time touring Toronto, exploring Aboriginal stories, whale watching or catching a glimpse of the northern lights. Really, I just want to get to know some cool Canadians and jump into a foreign lifestyle, even if it turns out that it's not so different from mine. 

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.