Social icons

MerleFest

27 April 2015


14,000 steps. That's how many my Jawbone told me I took yesterday.

I traveled to Wilkesboro on Saturday for work to listen to (and help livestream) some good ol' mountain music and chat with a few of the bands. I've never had the pleasure of attending MerleFest before, so it was interesting to tackle it in one day with a full media schedule. We listened to and talked with Scythian and New Country Rehab, sat in at a press conference with The Avett Brothers and stayed a little too late during their set before driving the hour and a half home.



Scythian


Although I didn't get to dress for the festival on the day-of, I did leave with a souvenir. I've been captivated by hats recently, so I found one with character to take home with me. It's rain-resistant and packable, too - very important if you've ever known how my hats fare during travel. (Hint: not well.)

I must have stayed in a MerleFest-kind of mood because this was my Sunday outfit. A la MerleFest without the rain. A good fit for the hat with its casual simplicity.


Peter Rowan & The Avett Brothers


Reality check: It was not a cute get dolled up and go to a music festival day. This is what I wore in real life, in steady mist, in 50-ish degree weather. Glamorous, I know, but I stayed dry!

Wearing

Gorjana dainty ring and cuff via Rocksbox, Jawbone, Hunter boots

Try a Rocksbox for a month on me! Use the link or the code "dressycasualxoxo" at checkout for a free month of wear-all-you-want jewelry on loan. Try a few new pieces, wear them for a while, then send them back whenever you're ready for a few new pieces. It's the perfect situation if you want fresh accessories without spending a fortune.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.