Social icons

Dressed Up Jersey

04 May 2015

Being that I work in a creative industry, for me, work wear is always fun to play with. On the days that I wake up a few minutes late, I'll toss on a pair of jeans and a button down with a pair of heels - I wear shoes with some level of height a majority of the time. Lately, I've been warming up to the idea of wearing dresses and skirts more often, especially when a skirt is as versatile as this one.




This skirt was an impulse buy while I was picking up a classic white button down, but the reason I was gung ho about buying it was because I imagined it paired with so many pieces already in my closet. From the white button down I went in for to tanks, tees, and even this chambray, I know I'll find plenty of ways to style it.

Casual work style formulas

  1. Skinny jeans + blouse or button down + heels (nude)
  2. Skirt + blouse + heels
  3. Flares + tee + blazer + flats
Notice I usually start my outfit with the bottoms, unless the clothing is one piece, and I really do like to have fun with textures and unique pieces. A button down doesn't have to be just a button down. Style doesn't have to be all work or all pleasure. Having trouble with this idea? Start simply with all basics and go for one fun or outrageous piece, and remember my motto: everything doesn't have to match, it just has to "go."

Wearing

LC Lauren Conrad chambray top, Banana Republic skirt, Banana Republic sandals, Forever 21 bag, Westward Leaning sunglasses

Since writing this post, I've of course come across a couple more BR pieces to add to the wish list. This high/low midi skirt and these jelly sandals are up next!

2 comments

  1. Cute skirt! I love how easy it is to get dressed for work now that the weather has warmed up. Skirt, blouse, sandals and DONE. So much easier than figuring out layers. Jersey skirts are so comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Wearing the same jackets and coats gets old after a while.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.