Social icons

Wilmington, NC

Wilmington Riverwalk

08 May 2015
Last weekend, Mitch and I were able to go to Wilmington for a wedding, but we decided to make a weekend out of it to relax and be tourists. Mitch had never seen the city and it had been a few years since I'd been able to visit, myself. I packed my bag with the breeziest, most comfortable pieces I could find, a beachy maxi dress for the big event, and off we went.






We were up bright and early on Saturday to explore the USS North Carolina Battleship so that we would have some time before masses of people started crowding the ship. The spaces could get tight! It's hard to believe that the boat has been through so much, but my favorite part of tours like that one is seeing old artifacts and photographs of people in the same space I was standing in. It's incredible.

Afterward, we went across the bridge to the shops and restaurants on the Riverwalk. First stop: Front Street Brewery for lunch and a mid-day happy hour. We both got flights to taste a variety of the different beers they brew, and there wasn't one I tried that I didn't like. From there, we walked along the boardwalk and wandered through a few shops before grabbing an espresso and heading back to get ready for the evening activities. The sunset that night was beautiful. Really, there wasn't a bad view anywhere we went.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.