Social icons

Jean Skirt

11 June 2015
Remember the days of the Hollister and Abercrombie cut-off skirts? I swear I had at least five on hand in my closet during middle and high school that I'd pair with just about anything. I may or may not have one left over in a storage bin somewhere, but I have to say after the denim mini phase of the 2000's, I never thought I'd wear a jean skirt again. Clearly, I was wrong.





For those of you who haven't warmed up to the fashion full circle, don't worry - my sister has already given me some looks and "Who are you, a Duggar?" comments, and I choose to ignore them because I'm completely down with the return of the denim skirt in long form. I'm easing in with this Old Navy pencil skirt that didn't break the bank, and now I think I'll look for a destroyed version like this one.

My mom always used to tell me that fashion trends come back around, but lately I think it's baffling me how quickly some trends seem to be showing up again. I feel like the past year has been the start of a regurgitation of the 90s - in style and music, somewhat. Even scrunchies showed their face for a hot minute - but it doesn't feel like the decade was gone long enough to make a comeback! In ways, 24 has made me feel old and young at the same time. What a weird place to be. Guess that means I'm hitting my young-adult stride - because being in limbo is what your twenties are for, right?

Wearing


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.