Social icons

5 Makeup Products For a Fresh-Faced Look

25 May 2015
Most days, I don't like to spend a lot of time getting ready. Especially for everyday wear, I like a minimal look that's smooth and natural. I've also tried a lot of makeup products. A lot. So when I finish or even repurchase products, it must really be something. Many of these products are on round number two or they're round one favorites. With this combination as a trusty base, I can sleep in just a few minutes more and be out the door with a fresh face in no time.




Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue

Generally, I stick to a tinted moisturizer and save foundation for a big night out. I love this gel formula because it feels like it's hydrating my skin while it covering evenly all over. This is the first thing I put on my face and I think it's the main reason my skin looks bright and feels dewy.

L'Oreal Visible Lift Concealer

Concealer is the product I have the hardest time with. My dark circles are challenging and it takes either multiple layers of concealer and powder or a heavy-duty formula to cover the dark areas. This formula has fantastic coverage without the thickness that normally looks cakey. It's fantastic at covering dark spots and with a quick brush of powder makes my skin look bright and smooth.

L'Oreal Glossy Balm

Finding a nude color is has proven to be quite the task for me. A lot of nude colors are way too light for my lips and look very unnatural. I picked up this lip color on a whim and now I carry it with me everywhere. It's thick and pigmented but incredibly soft and buttery.

Benefit Instant Brow

My eyebrows are so blonde, they're just about nonexistent. Somehow, I didn't start filling them in until midway through college - with Benefit's Brow Zings. The brow pencil was something that was recommended to me later and because I prefer pencils, it's become one of my most-used products for my brows. Sometimes I start by applying a brow powder first and finishing with the pencil, however it's works just as well by itself. The consistency is part pencil and part soft wax which ends up being a great combination to color and hold in place.

Bare Minerals Lash Domination

This is a relatively new one for me. It's actually been phenomenal at building up my (blonde, also nonexistent) lashes to be lush and long. The spiral wand makes applying even coverage from different angles easy, and it's just stiff enough to work your lashes instead of letting them ride over the brush.

I've been using the mascara in combination with a sample of this one, which does an excellent job of lengthening and separating.

I wear these all together mostly ever day. Add some bronzer for minimal contouring and a swipe of eyeliner and I'm ready to face the day!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.